TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Fuel Surcharge: Subject to change monthly without notice, in accordance with fuel prices. Check monthly invoices for update.
2. Method of Payment: Shipments are deemed to be prepaid unless otherwise stated on the waybill.
3. Liability: Carrier’s liability is limited to $2.00 per pound based on actual weight for loss or damage of goods unless the value is declared and additional insurance is purchased. Claims for total loss of shipment must be submitted within 3 months from the date on the bill of lading whereas shortages and/or damages must be submitted within 60 days. All freight must be paid before any claims can be processed and at no time will payment of freight charges be withheld due to unsettled claims. No liability will be assumed by MBW Courier Inc. for claims under $25.00.
4. Insurance: Maximum of $1000.00 of additional insurance may be purchased at a rate of $2.00 per hundred of value declared.
5. Re-weigh and re-cube: MBW Courier reserves the right to re-weigh or cube all shipments.
6. Cube Rule: Rate calculated on the higher of actual weight of 10 pounds per cubic foot (pcf) for all shipments. Cubic Footage calculated as H”xW”xL”/ 1728=cubic feet x 10 = cubic weight.
7. Dangerous Goods: $12.50 per shipment for all service points.
8. Offline Points: Minimum rate 0-100 lbs. $10.00 / 101-200lbs $15.00 /over 200lbs $20.00
** Please see Service Points for additional 'location specific' charges
9. Power Tailgate Service: $25.00 per usage of the tailgate per shipment.
10. Minimum Pallet Rate: All shipment marked “skid” or “pallet” are subjected to the following rate 0 - 500 lbs $45, 501-1500 lbs $0.08/lb,
1501 lbs and up $0.04/lb
11. COD Service: When shipper wants cheque or certified cheque for the value of the goods, then MBW Courier’s COD Service must be used. The fee is $10.00. MBW Courier assumes responsibility to ensure the funds collected are either, cash, money order or certified cheque. Goods will not be delivered until funds received.
12. Carrier will not accept responsibility for consequential loss or damage.
13. There will be $50 charge for any cleanup required due to leakage of customer product . Examples: engine oil, transmission fluid, paint products etc